Many people have been asking themselves this important question, the following are the 6 best ways to boost immune system in kids the natural way throughout the year.
How to boost immune system in children?
1. Make sure your kids gets enough vitamins
Many researchers have proved that vitamins play an important role in strengthen the immune system of your kid. The following are some of the foods with their respective nutrients that will improve your kid’s immunity;
- 1. Vitamin C-rich foods, such as broccoli and citrus fruit
- 2. Vitamin E-rich foods, such as whole grains and nuts
- 3. Zinc-rich foods, such as crab, oysters, beans, turkey, and beef
- 4. Bioflavanoids that are found in vegetables and fruits
- 5. Selenium-rich foods, such as chicken, tuna, whole grains, eggs, brown rice and sunflower seeds
- 6. Carotenoid-rich foods, such as carrots and yams
- 7. Omega-3 fatty acids that are found in hempseed oil, nuts, salmon, flaxseed oil, tuna, and mackerel.
The above foods will provide your child with enough nutrients in their bodies to help strengthen the immune system against infections.
2. Managing your kid’s stress
The latest research proved that managing kid’s stress reduces the stimulation of body hormone called cortisol, which may put your kid’s health at risk of contracting numerous illnesses. Managing stress reduces the production of the hormone. How do you manage his or her stress effectively? Make sure your kid remain joyful, talk to his/her friends and always be friendly.
3. Making sure your kid drinks a lot of water
Medical experts have proved that taking plenty of water help cleanse the body at the same time removing any toxins that have accumulated in the body. Remember keeping the body system well hydrated especially the respiratory system helps kid’s fight viruses that may affect their immune system thus enabling them to keep strong and healthy while avoiding diseases. Kids need between 5 and 8 cups of water a day in average. How much water your kid needs a day depends on age:
2 to 3 years – 2.7 US pints (1.3 liter)
4 to 8 years – 3.4 US pints (1.6 liter)
9 to 13 years – 4.2 US pints (2.0 liter)
4. Make sure the kids get enough sleep
Getting enough sleep is one of the best ways to boost immune system of your kids naturally. How is this possible? Having enough sleep depending on the age of the kid help kid’s body rejuvenates thus making the body system to work and coordinate effectively. As a special tip, never feed your kids with any form of stimulants or foods that may hinder them from getting enough sleep. Of course each child is different and has different sleep needs, again how much sleep your kid needs a day depends on age:
- 0 to 2 month – between 10 and 18 hours
- 2 to 12 month – 14 to 15 hours
- 1 to 3 years – 12 to 14 hours
- 3 to 5 years – 11 to 13 hours
- 5 to 12 years – 10 to 11 hours
- Including any naps.
5. Lose excessive body weight
Research have proved that reducing body weight often reduce the body’s vulnerability to infection. In addition, the body will be free from other related health conditions such as obesity. How to do this? First, make sure the kids eat foods that are low in fat while boosting their immune system and the general body health, like fresh vegetable and fruits and lean meat and fish. How to find out if your child is overweight? This depends on several factors like gender, age and height; you can easily use the calculator on this site: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/ideal-weight-children to find out more.
6. Encourage the kids to do simple exercises
Regular but moderate exercises such as walking have proved to be among the best tips to improve the immune system of your children. Through exercise, the body will get immunization by increased blood flow to the body tissues. Kids at age 5 to 16 need to be active for at least 60 minutes each and every day, younger kids even more. Some easy exercises might be walking in the park, washing the car, playing catch in the garden, or have fun dancing. For example teenagers these days spend nearly 4 hours a day watching TV and almost 2 additional hours at computer or playing video games!
In conclusion, the above 6 ways to boost immune system will not only enable your kids to be healthy, but also save you lots of bucks that you could have spent on medical bills.